Marinate: at least 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 pound beef round steak, cut in to 1/8 inch think ctrips
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more if needed
- 1 thin slice of fresh ginger root
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets.
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Place the steak pieces into a shallow bowl and pour oyster sauce mixture over the meat, stir to coat well and marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in ginger and garlic, sizzle in hot oil for about 1 minute to flavor the oil and then remove the ginger. Stir in broccoli florets, toss and coat with oil and garlic, cook until bright green and starting to get tender. Watch them so they don't burn. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Pour beef and marinade into wok and cook meat until cooked through. About 5 minutes. Return cooked broccoli to the wok and beef. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.