- 1/2 lb pasta, I prefer mini penne
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup milk*
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature*
- 1/2 cup white wine, I use chardonnay
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 2 TBSP diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup butter, optional
- 1 cup bread crumbs or panko, optional
* You can use 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream instead of the milk and cream cheese.
- Heat oven to 375 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Make noodles according to package directions
- In a small sauce pan mix together your milk, cream cheese, wine, bouillon cube (if you crush it in a ziplock bag it mixes into the sauce much faster), cornstarch, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- While noodles and sauce are cooking mix together the butter and bread crumbs for the topping of the casserole, this is optional.
- When noodles and sauce are done cooking mix the sauce, noodles, chicken, ham and Swiss cheese into the greased 9x13 baking pan. When mixed well sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.