- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 package or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp basil, more can be added for personal taste
- 1 cup warm water, 110 degrees F
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine sugar, warm water and yeast and let rise for 20 minutes.
- while yeast mix is working, mix together in a bowl flour and basil.
- Mix oil and salt in the bowl you will be blending all ingredients together.
- When Yeast mix is ready, add into the bowl with oil and salt. Slowly add flour mixture. Dough should be slightly sticky.
- Once everything is mixed together. Let your mixer knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Grease a bowl and place rounded dough into bowl and rub oil over the top. Place a damp towel tightly over the top. Let rest for an hour.
- Every hour knead the dough again and form back into a ball. Minimum time for dough to rise is 2 hours. Best if 4 hours is given.
- When dough is ready, flatten out onto a 15" pan. Once dough is rolled out to the edges of the pan, sprinkle garlic powder over the top. If you are using a metal pan, bake on the bottom rack for 8-9 minutes before adding your toppings. If you are using Stoneware you can go ahead and top your pizza before any baking is needed. Place on bottom rack as well. Baking time is about 15-20 minutes.
Serves: One 15" pizza