Bun shown here is Homemade Hamburger Bun from this site.
- 2 cups shredded chicken, about two chicken breasts OR 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 TBSP brown sugar, unless you use a Sweet BBQ sauce then use 2 or less tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 (18oz) can diced tomatoes, drained - optional
- In a skillet on medium heat saute onions, bell peppers and garlic in olive oil.
- Add chicken, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper. mix well and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve in your favorite hamburger bun.