- 3 TBSP veggie oil
- 1 cup uncooked 5 minute rice
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp taco seasoing
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tomatoes, diced
- Heat oil and add onions until tender.
- add rice and stir until it starts to turn brown. While stirring sprinkle taco seasoning, garlic and salt over rice. Make sure its mixed well.
- When rice is turning brown add chicken broth, tomato sauce and tomatoes. bring to a boil, cover and turn down to a simmer.
- cook rice for 5 minutes and fluff with a fork. serve and enjoy.
Spanish Rice made with Quinoa
Very easy to make. Soak the seeds for an hour or 10 minutes in HOT water. Strain through a mesh strainer. Use half the amount of Quinoa that you would use for rice. So this recipe calls for 1 cup rice. Use 1/2 cup Quinoa. Takes about 15-20 minutes to cook.