- 1 lb. frozen or fresh medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, about 1 medium stock
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cooked rice (Serve Creole over rice) - optional
- Thaw shrimp if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails, and then rinse. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and cook garlic, onions, celery, and bell peppers over medium heat until tender. about 5 minutes. stir in undrained tomatoes, parsley, salt, paprika, ground red pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes of cooking remove bay leaf. Turn temperature up to medium, add shrimp to the tomato mixture and cook until shrimp is opaque in color. About 2-5 minutes depending on temperature of shrimp.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.