Marinate time: at least 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 TBSP fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP grated orange zest, about 1 large orange
- 1 cup packed brown sugar.
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated/minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP green onions, chopped
- 1/4 red pepper flakes
- 3 TBSP corn starch
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- In a saucepan over medium heat pour in water, orange juice, rice vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, green onions and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let it sit out and cool to warm/room temp.
- Place cut chicken into a zip lock bag with 1 cup cooled orange mix from sauce pan. Reserve the remaining sauce in a container and save in the fridge until time to cook. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- In another zip lock bag add flour, salt and pepper. Mix well. Scoop chicken out of zip lock bag and leave as much sauce in the bag as possible, place chicken in flour bag. shake until well coated.
- In a large pan over medium high heat melt butter and oil together. When butter is melted add flour coated chicken and cook until golden brown and chicken temp reaches 160 degrees F. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add the remainder sauce from chicken zip lock bag and the sauce you had stored in the fridge. Keep out 1/2 cup of sauce and add corn starch. Mix well until corn starch is dissolved.
- Heat the sauce in the pan until boiling. Then add the 1/2 cup sauce/ corn starch mix and chicken. It will thicken quickly. Stir fast and coat chicken well.
- As soon as the sauce is thick remove from heat and serve over rice and enjoy :)