- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Chili Oil
- 2 tsp Ketchup
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat mix water and rice vinegar and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add in sugar, garlic, ginger, chili oil, and ketchup stir well and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove 1/4 cup of liquid from the pan and put in a small mixing bowl. Add 2 tsp of corn starch to the 1/4 cup liquid. Stir until corn starch is dissolved completely. Add mix back into sauce pan.
- Turn heat up to medium high and stir until sauce starts to thicken. remove from heat. Eat hot or once cooled put in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy :)
Serves: about 1 cup of Sauce