- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Put a large pot of lightly salted water bring water to a boil and cook Orzo according to package. Drain and hold onto until ready to be added into recipe.
- Heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, capers, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper; cook for 5 minutes. Drop in shrimp and cook, stirring, until barely pink, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add cooked orzo in to a bowl, large enough for all ingredients. Add in Shrimp mix from pan and stir well until all ingredients are mixed. Sprinkle Feta cheese on top.
- Serve and Enjoy
**If you would like Feta to be slightly melted, instead of using a bowl use a baking dish (broiler safe). Mix everything and place in baking dish, top with Feta and broil for 5 minutes or so.