- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or whole milk)
- For the Topping:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Set aside.
- With a mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add half of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the sour cream and buttermilk (or milk) and mix to combine. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Spray the inside of 24 muffin tins liners or brush with butter. Sprinkle the inside of the liners with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Make sure the insides are coated well. Using a cookie dough scoop (3 TBSP scoop) fill the muffin liners with dough.
- When you have completed all of the muffins, sprinkle the leftover cinnamon/sugar onto the tops of all of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for about 15 minutes or until they are golden on top and just baked through.
**Muffins will be the consistency of a really thick cookie and pound cake.