- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 TBSP Taco Seasoning or1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can of Black beans. drained and rinsed.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of Diced tomatoes, drained with 3/4 cup liquid saved.
- 3/4 cup corn, frozen or fresh. frozen can be added as is.
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TBSP chopped cilantro
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Cheese, shredded (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1 (8.5 oz) Pkg Corn muffin mix
- 3/4 cup cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet add ground beef, onions and garlic. Cook until meat is browned. Drain and stir in taco seasoning, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and the 3/4 cup liquid saved from the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. set aside.
- Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine crust ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be stiff. best to use a wood or metal spoon.) Using spoon dipped in water, spread slightly more than 1/2 the batter onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie pan or 2 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Arrange corn over batter, top with beef mixture. Spoon remaining batter over beef, along outer edge of pie. Carefully spread batter toward center, leaving a 3-inch circle uncovered. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 23 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Last few minutes top with shredded cheese.
- To serve, Cut into wedges or scoop out depending on the dish and top with sour cream, cheese and/or hot sauce.