- 4 medium size potatoes
- 1/2 cup or so of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp dill seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
** I prefer to make these potatoes a few hours in advance....the flavor is MUCH better and it makes preparing this even easier. They can be made up to a day in advance.
- peel the potatoes and cube them into chunks. Place them in a pot of water and boil until a fork goes through them with ease.
- Drain water. In a bowl mash or blend potatoes, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper, dill seasoning, garlic, and onion powder. Mix until Creamy and well blended. Keep warm.**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut Kielbasa into 4 pieces and slice them almost in half. You want them to butterfly open. Place on stoneware (I prefer this over sheet pans. It adds a crispier bottom to the kielbasa.) and bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Fill kielbasa with mashed potatoes and top with cheese. Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.