- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats, ground up
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, cooked and mashed up. I use the left overs from Rhubarb syrup
- Rhubarb syrup: Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. In a separate bowl mix vegetable oil , egg, milk and honey. Mix with flour mixture. Fold in rhubarb until well blended.
- Put 1/4 cup mix into each muffin cup. Optional: Drizzle 1 TBSP of Rhubarb syrup over the top of each muffin before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.