- 2 cups roughly chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 TBSP Cornstarch
- Put your rhubarb, strawberries, water and sugar together in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until rhubarb is mushy.
- In a small bowl add a little bit of water and cornstarch together so the Corn starch is dissolved. Add to the sauce pan and bring to a boil. stir for one minute. Sauce will thicken just slightly.
- Carefully drain through a fine strainer into a bowl or glass bottle. Squeezing out what liquid you can. *You could also put the rhubarb and strawberries in a mesh bag before cooking for easier straining.
- Serve and enjoy. You can use your mush rhubarb and strawberries in Muffins, fruit leather or as a jam.
Serves: Just over 1 cup of liquid