- Olive Oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth OR water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Orange bell pepper, dinced
- 1 small bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinager
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a sauce pan bring broth, 1 teaspoon olive oil and pepper to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce to a simmer. Cover with a tight lid and cook for 15 minutes or until water has evaporated. One liquid is gone remove from heat and leave the lid on for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a wok or large skillet saute shallots, bell pepper and garlic until soft over medium heat. about 5 mintues.
- Mix maple syrup, vinegar and Dijon mustard together. Add kale to the pan and pour liquid mix over kale. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper and stir until kale is wilted. When the quinoa is finish cooking add it to the kale mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Serve warm or cold.